Creek Know-how - Saturday 26th March 2022
March 26th, 10am-3pm
An introduction to Deptford Creek - it's risks, tides, and the local context.
At Creek Know-how you will learn how to safely interact with a wild river and what to consider before visiting a tidal area like Deptford Creek or the tidal Thames. You will then apply your understanding of the river by wading in Deptford Creek.
This course is great for anyone aged 14 or above.
You will explore:
- Interacting safely with wild spaces by assessing and managing risk
- The local context and the changes in Deptford Creek over time
- Facilitating outdoor activities and planning activities for groups of people
- Interpreting and using tidal data, and gaining first hand experience of tidal rivers
- Putting your learning into practice as we wade in Deptford Creek
- Volunteering with Creekside Discovery Centre
Part of this course is classroom based, and part includes a river walk at low tide. Young people do not need to be accompanied by an adult. The training course runs from 10am to 3pm, with breaks for refreshments and lunch. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided, please bring lunch with you on the day. Please wear outdoor clothing appropriate for the weather conditions on the day – we will provide light raincoats and waders for going into the Creek.
Book online for this event
Please complete all mandatory fields marked *