Foundation Stage: Nursery & Reception
Understanding the World / Living Things
A programme of habitat sampling including pond dipping and bug hunting.
Children will get the opportunity to:
- Explore, observe and find out about the environment and living things
- Understand the world through exploring what is living in the local area
- Investigate and experience living things
- Develop their own ideas about living things
- Make links between similarities and differences in relation to living things
- Talk about the features of their own immediate environment and how environments might vary from one another
- Make observations of animals and plants and explain why some things occur, and talk about changes.
School visits normally run 10.00am – 2.15pm. Sessions cost £230 for a full day per class (up to 30 students).
Contact us to discuss your education day at Creekside Discovery Centre and we will tailor a programme to suit your group’s requirements.