Education for Early Years Foundation Stage
We bring science, geography and history to life through hands-on experiences in the local environment. Programmes at Creekside Discovery Centre allow participants to explore, make discoveries, propose hypotheses, carry out investigations and draw conclusions all whilst engaged in an exciting outdoor activity.
- School visits normally run 10.00am – 2.15pm
- Class size of up to 30 pupils
- Sessions cost from £300 for a full day.
- Discounts available for schools with 15% of pupils receiving Pupil Premium funding
Understanding the World of Living Things
Understanding the World of Living Things – A programme of habitat sampling including pond dipping and bug hunting.
Includes opportunities to:
- Observe and find out about the environment and living things
- Explore what is living in the local area
- Investigate and experience living things
- Develop their own ideas about living things
- Make links between similarities and differences in relation to living things
- Discover the features of the Creekside habitats and how they vary from one another
- Communicate observations of animals and plants and explain why some things occur, and talk about changes.