Bring your class to the Creekside Discovery Centre for an adventure they will never forget…
Creekside Discovery Centre brings science, geography and history to life through hands on experiences. Activities are based on an appreciation and understanding of the local environment. Programmes at Creekside allow children to experience the environment first hand, talk about ideas, carry out investigations and draw conclusions.
Our team of experienced and friendly environmental teachers encourage curiosity, enthusiasm and excitement in the local environment, and wider world. Creekside programmes form cross circular linkages and have been described by teachers as “a fabulous day, covering geography, history, maths and science”.
We strive to meet all learning objectives; if you have any special requirements, we will do our best to tailor our programmes to suit your group.
The facilities at Creekside Discovery Centre include:
- Large training room
- Indoor and outdoor lunch eating area
- Private access point to Deptford Creek
- Pond with dipping platform (wheelchair accessible)
- Urban wildlife site with over 200 species of wildflower and invertebrates
- Fieldwork equipment for scientific investigations
- Safety equipment for all activities including waders and waterproofs for wading in the Creek
- Fishtank displays of different aquatic habitats
- Displays of artefacts from the Creek
- Access to a nearby Nature Park
- Car park and coach drop-off area
School visits normally run 10.00am – 2.15pm. Sessions cost £230 for a full day per class (up to 30 students). Activities tailored for other education groups (e.g. undergraduates, adults) may be priced differently.
Contact us to discuss your education day at Creekside Discovery Centre and we will tailor a programme to suit your group’s requirements.